I have a tiny, yet prolific dwarf Meyer lemon tree that was in dire need of pruning this winter. After its ‘haircut’ I had nearly 50 lemons on hand! This Meyer lemon margarita recipe was born of the desperation to not let those lemons go to waste. Once you try this wholesome, easy-to-make margarita, you’ll never go back to a store-bought mix.
All you need is tequila, triple sec and Meyer lemons! Salt the rim of a fancy glass, toss in some ice and pour in the cocktail – let the party begin!
Meyer Lemon Margarita Recipe
- 1 oz tequila of your choice
- 1 oz triple sec
- 2 oz fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- ice cubes
- salt for rimming glass (optional)
- Mix tequila, triple sec, and lemon juice in a shaker.
- Wet rim of glass and dip rim of glass into salt (optional).
- Add ice to glass.
- Pour cocktail over ice in glass.
Another great use of Meyer lemons is homemade limoncello – get the recipe here!