If you were wondering what to make with the Cajun seasoning recipe I posted last month, wonder no more! This primal pork and sweet potato stew is full of veggies with a savory seasoning and quick to make too!
Among the many things I like about this recipe, two stand out. 1. It’s a stand-alone dish, so no rice, potatoes, sauces, dressings or side dishes are needed. 2. Its heat clears the sinuses without being hot in the mouth. That describes healing in my book.
The quantities in this recipe are pretty flexible without changing the taste much, so don’t get hung up on purchasing just the right amount of vegetables.
The dish is super easy to make! Just cut up the ingredients and throw them into a pot!
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 LB pork, cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium head of green cabbage, chopped or sliced thin
- 2 C homemade broth, chicken or vegetable (or 14.5 oz can organic chicken broth)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ TSP homemade Cajun seasoning (or you favorite store brand)
- Heat coconut oil in 5 QT stock pot or larger.
- Add pork and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (vegetables, broth & seasoning).
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 - 17 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.